The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 7th, 2024, 2:09pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Shot Noise Model of BJT  in Spectre (Read 4327 times)
AnalogAroma
Community Member

Germany
Shot Noise Model of BJT  in Spectre
Sep 13th, 2006, 10:30am

Hi All,

I  would like to know how  in Spectre collector shot  noise is correlated  to the electron current noise  originated in the base -emitter junction. Are they still using the old idea of collector partition noise ?

With Regards,

Analog Aroma

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Shot Noise Model of BJT  in Spectre
Reply #1 - Sep 13th, 2006, 3:16pm

AnalogAroma wrote on Sep 13th, 2006, 10:30am:
Hi All,

I  would like to know how  in Spectre collector shot  noise is correlated  to the electron current noise  originated in the base -emitter junction. Are they still using the old idea of collector partition noise ?

With Regards,

Analog Aroma  

Hi,
When you say spectre, i guess it depends more actually on the model used. I don't think SGP or standard VBIC have any correlation of base shot noise to collector shot noise. I think i have read somewhere that the phillips model (Mextram) has it (physical charge partitioning model rather than emprical extracted) and so more accurately gives NFmin at very high frequency.....
Of course if you are really keen you could code the correlation yourself in your own model...
Look at the under modelling of the designers-guide.org to see veriloga examples of various bjt,hbt models.
cheers
aw

View Profile   IP Logged
mg777

Re: Shot Noise Model of BJT  in Spectre
Reply #2 - Jan 17th, 2007, 12:22pm

I would be less worried about approximations made in shot noise as opposed to 1/f noise.

M.G.Rajan
www.eecalc.com

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.