The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 7th, 2024, 8:28pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
instantiating a module (Read 2392 times)
xter

instantiating a module
Sep 22nd, 2006, 11:39am

Hello,

I am using AMS through cadence's latest ADE and am having trouble instantiating a verilogAMS module in another verilogAMS module. I know the syntax of how to do it code, but the elaborator gives me an error:

ncelab: *E,CUCFUN: instance 'f1' of the unit 'dff_va' is unresolved in '\test .stage:veriloga'.

So I'm instantiating f1 like this: dff_va f1(...). The verilogAMS modules dff_va and stage are in the same library.

Is there some seperate syntax to include a module, or does AMS have some other way of including modules?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Xter

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: instantiating a module
Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2006, 4:56pm

When in cadence environment, you need to have checked and saved, generated the pc.db file, master.tag,
AND have generated its Symbol..
no symbol, and the parser can't build the pc.db file of the parent cell, because its by the existance of a symbol that it knows to link this in..

OR you might have made the module name different than the cell name!!
thats a BIG no no!
jbd

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pinhead

Germany
Re: instantiating a module
Reply #2 - Nov 6th, 2006, 7:05am

I had the same error on friday, i forgot to include the library, where the module is that needs to be instantiated, in the library list in the hierarchy editor  ;)

Gravity is a myth, earth sucks!
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.