The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 8:33pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SNR simulation for Pre- Amp (Read 1779 times)
packiaraj

India
SNR simulation for Pre- Amp
Sep 27th, 2006, 11:28pm

Hi,
    I am doing a Pre-Amp (An OPAMP with resistive feedback) that would drive an ADC. The SNR requirement for whole chain is > 80 dB.

Now my quetion is, Is the input referred noise at the OPAMP input  or the noise output at the output of OPAMP (input to ADC)  important?

If I take Input referred noise then, How would I simulate this in Spectre, what to choose for Input source (Is it main input to the OPAMP?)

Thanks in advance,
Packiaraj V.

View Profile   IP Logged
Sarig

Re: SNR simulation for Pre- Amp
Reply #1 - Sep 29th, 2006, 1:55pm

Hi,
You are designing an OPAMP with 80dB PSRR --> you should take care for noise else why such a high PSRR.
The question of Input or output noise is from what this OPAMP need to do. most of the time we look on input refered noise.
it is easy to see it by closing unity close loop and look at the output noise. this will give you the exact input noise which == output noise (unity close loop) if you have feedback which not 1 it will increase your input refered noise.
Goodluck
Sarig

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.