The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 4:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Diva LVS Options (Read 55 times)
alp

Diva LVS Options
Oct 11th, 2006, 9:03pm

Hi everyone,
What do the following options represent in Diva LVS check window of Cadence?

Rewiring
Device Fixing
Create Cross Reference
Terminals

When should/shouldn't I check them?

i.e. any risks if i anyhow check or uncheck all of them? Undecided
thanks,

alp..

View Profile   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Re: Diva LVS Options
Reply #1 - Oct 13th, 2006, 3:25am

you should find the answers in the diva reference manual...
but as i recall:

Rewiring: means the LVS "rewires" errors it enconunters to complete the LVS. Its better to have this ticked. As a result you often get LVS layout errors of "merged net" which denotes the tool had to merge nets in the layout to match the schematic... ie you forgot to connect a net in the layout

Device fixing: stops the tool from rationalising devices or allowing permute rules on circuit components you fix. Not needed to tick unless you which to preserve for layout things like parallel/series resistors, exact matching of MOS no.fingers/wtotal etc.

Create Cross Reference: you create a cross reference between schematic and layout for a device or net. not
needed unless you have problems the tool can't resolve, typically involving circuits with loads of symmetry and loads of identical circuit paths...

Terminals: terminals (pins) are used as correspondance points between schematic and layout. If you names the pins in layout and schematic the same, then you should have this ticked.

cheers
aw

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.