The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 10:11am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Behavioral modeling of RF transmitter (Read 107 times)
chase.ng
Community Member

penang/malaysia
Behavioral modeling of RF transmitter
Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:01am

Hi all,

I am interest in finding the ACPR performance of a transmitter, previously I am relying on envelope simulation which becomes harder and harder to converge as the circuit grow larger. I read the documents written by Ken at http://www.designers-guide.org/Analysis/rf-sim.pdf, where he mentioned modeling the large signal steady state response of the transmitter so that the simulation can ran faster. But how can I do that in verilog-A? Suppose I can get the large signal steady state response using QPSS, what is next? Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks.

chase

Chase
View Profile chase.ng   IP Logged
Eugene

Re: Behavioral modeling of RF transmitter
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:51pm

Chase,

If possible, please refer to the SpectreRF User's Guide. The User's Guide has a section called "Creating and Using Transmitter J-Models" which describes in detail how to create a large signal model of a transmitter. The thing to remember about the J-model is that it is memoryless. Thus, you should model your baseband filters separately. The J-model will capture AM/AM, AM/PM, PM/AM, and PM/PM conversions. When you extract the J-model, be sure to sweep the input signal past the amplitude you expect to see. The model is good at interpolation but not extrapolation.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.