The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 4:16pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to measure SSN of Buffer (Read 1291 times)
kiran123
Community Member

How to measure SSN of Buffer
Oct 26th, 2006, 6:29am

Hi Experts,

I tried to measure SSN in MDL mode here i am bit confuse about the results that i got using this method, First let me explain the method that i use to measure it

as shown in CKT_SSN i have used the 8 no.of buffers each are similar and drive capacity of 12mA at VOH and VOL which are connected between VDDS and VSS by their VDDS_IN and VSS_IN pins, so that i can unclude package paracitics of Power and Gnd pins

the mdl file contains below lines of code
/***************************************/
alias measurement NOISE {                                                                                
   export real Power_dip,  Ground_dip, VIH , VIL
   run Tran
   Power_dip  = min(V(VDDS_IN))  
   Ground_dip = max(V(VSS_IN))

VIH  = VH*0.7
   VIL  = VH*0.3
}
run NOISE
/***************************************/
VH = VDDS

so that my aim is Power_dip > VIH , Ground_dip < VIL

but it is not meeting spec means Power_dip is close 0V and Gnd_dip ~VDSS

so alternatively i removed the output stage and connected a simple small inverter. Now ckt has max transistor width is < 10u (includes all stages of buffer). Using this when i tried to simulate still i am getting the almost (means comparatively bit improvement but not meeting spec and worst). I have theoritically no clue why still it show this much value (basically this noise contributed by mainly output stage because of husge transistors , so if i reduce that transistors size to very very low value why am i still see this senario)

Can anybody let me know the approach of doing this is fine towards SSN estimation , any practical approach or docs help me

Thanks in Advance for your support
kiran

Attached the file

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.