The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 4:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Using a SKILL function in a MonteExpr in OCEAN? (Read 82 times)
JosephRyan

Using a SKILL function in a MonteExpr in OCEAN?
Nov 11th, 2006, 1:48am

Is it possible to use a SKILL function as the scalar expression of monteExpr() instead of a calculator function?  I'd like to use a custom function to will implement a binary search (to calculate the body-offset voltage of a Sense Amp), but using anything except a calculator function gives me errors!  I need to use a custom function since I'll need to run several simulations per monte-carlo change (that is, for every time the monte-carlo simulation changes the Vts of the transistors, it will need to run about 6-8 transient simulations).    As an example, take the following simplified code:

Code:
procedure( cboffset()
    i = 2
    i
)

monteCarlo( ?numIters 2 ?analysisVariation 'mismatch ?sweptParam "None" ?sweptParamVals "25" ?saveData t )
monteExpr( "boffset" "cboffset()")
monteRun()
monteResults()

The cboffset function just returns 2 every time in this example, but would eventually implement a binary search.  However, this example will cause errors since the monteExpr will not evaluate.  Can anyone help?

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Using a SKILL function in a MonteExpr in OCEAN
Reply #1 - Dec 12th, 2006, 2:55pm

Do you have sourcelink access? I wrote a solution on this - solution number 11007118 covers using custom SKILL functions in monteExpr and gives two different ways of solving this.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.