The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 3:31pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
how we probe local variables in verilog-A sim (Read 3238 times)
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

how we probe local variables in verilog-A sim
Nov 15th, 2006, 9:35pm

I am using hspice simulator. How to observe those internal non-electrical signals?

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: how we probe local variables in verilog-A sim
Reply #1 - Nov 16th, 2006, 11:27am

Per the new Verilog-AMS LRM, you can define output variables with attributes,

If you have a variable called "iavl" that is used to store the avalanche current, declare it at top level (module scope, not in a named block) with

(* desc="avalanche current" *) real iavl;

(and, obviously, remove the declaration you had before).  I believe HSpice supports this new feature.  I forget the exact syntax, though, for requesting that HSpice save it to the .tr0 file; I think it's similar to what you do for saving "gm" from a transistor.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

Re: how we probe local variables in verilog-A sim
Reply #2 - Nov 18th, 2006, 6:15am

oh.

Maybe I will check with hspice manual. It is quite ridiculous that my CAD engineer does not install the manual with new version simulator, thus I have to live without that for quite long time, until that guy have time to handle my request...

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.