The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 4th, 2024, 12:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Export layout from Encounter to Virtuoso (Read 2641 times)
lrc

Grrr....

U.S.A
Export layout from Encounter to Virtuoso
Dec 10th, 2006, 9:01pm

Hi,

I am having some issues importing an Encounter layout into Virtuoso layout editor.  First, I tried saving my layout as DEF in Encounter.
Then, I imported it using the "import DEF" option in design framework.   I believed I entered all the required information in the import menu
correctly(such as the standard cell lib name and location etc.).  However, the layout I got in Virtuoso contained only interconnects.  All the cell instances are missing.  Any suggestions on what might have happened?   The DEF version I used was 5.5 when exporting and my Cadence version is 5.1.41.  

I also tried saving my layout in GDS format in Encounter.  But the StreamOut.Map file I have is not correctly matched to the technology I
am using.  Therefore, the layout I got in Virtuoso has wrong layers.  My second question is if there is a way to automatically generate
StreamOut.Map file.

I am new to Encounter, your help will be highly appreciated.  

WZN

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.