The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 3:25pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Potential Errata List of "High-Purity Oscillator" (Read 2019 times)
neoflash
Community Fellow

Mixed-Signal
Designer

Potential Errata List of "High-Purity Oscillator"
Dec 31st, 2006, 7:01am

P46:
Equation (23) should not contain "()" in last "[]" item.  The sign of item jCw_ is inverse.

P57:
"scaling the output noise by the loss tank" should be "scaling the output noise by the lossless tank".

P109:
"phase noise is lower than that with a larger W/L" should be "phase noise is lower than that with a smaller W/L".

P157:
Equation (52) does not make sense.

P183:
Equation (15) is not correct. E(t) should have a "-" sign instead of "+".

Some of them might be fake issue, but i hope it helps to polish next edition. Anyway, it is good for get a full view of LC-VCO.

View Profile   IP Logged
emad

Cairo, Egypt
Re: Potential Errata List of "High-Purity Oscillat
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2006, 11:48pm

Hello,

First, I thank you for the meticulous review.

I read the comments and my quick response is that I accept your comment on the typo on page 109 and I also accept your comment about the error in equation (15) page 183. However, I should note that this sign error in eqn(15),pp 183 does not propagate any further. The remaining analysis does not use this equation and hence does not carry the same mistake.

As for the remaining comments, I referred them to my co-author Jacob Rael for evaluation and comment.

Thanks once again. We will form the errata and post it to the book page on Designers-Guide.

Emad

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.