The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 17th, 2024, 2:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
good paper on noise analysis of CDS circuits (Read 3651 times)
vivkr
Community Fellow

good paper on noise analysis of CDS circuits
Jan 04th, 2007, 2:47am

Hi,

Does anyone know a good paper covering the use of correlated double sampling in switched-capacitor circuits
in detail? I am specifically looking for a paper where the various noise and speed metrics are quantified so that
one may design such a circuit optimally. The standard papers on CDS or chopper stabilization mention the concepts
but leave it at that, and the important tradeoffs such as impact of various parasitic caps, the error cap etc. are never
forthcoming, nor is a good analysis of the noise from the opamp in such cases.

If there is a good reference, it would be great. I did some hand analysis of a circuit I have but after a while, the equations
get out of hand, and it is quite hard to verify them. Maybe, a good reference can help in choosing important design parameters
carefully, even if the equations are not 100 % rigorous.

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
carlgrace

Berkeley, CA
Re: good paper on noise analysis of CDS circuits
Reply #1 - Jan 4th, 2007, 6:44am

Vivek,

Do you have the paper on CDS by Enz and Temes in the November 1996 issue of the Proceedings of the IEEE?  It's probably the best reference on CDS circuits out there.  It may not be the design guide you are looking for, but if you haven't read it, it will surely help you see what components are important and what can be neglected.  This can simplify your analysis.

Regards,
Carl

View Profile   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Reply #2 - Jan 4th, 2007, 7:31am

Dear Carl,

I have read it and also the description of CDS in the book by Gregorian & Temes. Nonetheless, these do not cover the subject
of actually designing a good CDS amplifier, considering the extra noise and reduced speed when using CDS.

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Jan 10th, 2007, 8:43pm

Vivek,

Jipeng Li,  Un-Ku Moon, A 1.8V 67-mW 10-bit 100-MS/s pipelined ADC using time-shifted CDS technique, Sep., 2004, JSSC.

It analyzed the requirements for amplifier in the pipelined ADC using CDS technique.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Reply #4 - Jan 12th, 2007, 2:39am

Ahh! I know that paper. I had forgotten completely, but you are right on.

Thanks Yawei !!!

Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.