The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 2:44am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RESIZE CONTATS & VIAS (Read 4908 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
RESIZE CONTATS & VIAS
Jan 09th, 2007, 12:25am

Hi, Guys,

I am transplanting a layout of an analog circuit from one fabrication factory (UMC 0.18um ) to another fabrication factory (TSMC 0.18um ).
The sizes of their contact and vias are different. How can I resize the sizes of the contact and vias of the old process (UMC 0.18um) to the sizes of new process (TSMC 0.18um ) automatically ?

The layout tool is Virtuoso.

BG
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: RESIZE CONTATS & VIAS
Reply #1 - Jan 9th, 2007, 8:29am

Quote:
I am transplanting a layout of an analog circuit from one fabrication factory (UMC 0.18um ) to another fabrication factory (TSMC 0.18um

How do you do that?
Quote:
The sizes of their contact and vias are different. How can I resize the sizes of the contact and vias of the old process (UMC 0.18um) to the sizes of new process (TSMC 0.18um ) automatically ?  
The layout tool is Virtuoso

If you use contacts defined in your technology library as so called
'symbolics' you can dump and edit the technology file of that library
and redefine the contacts to the new size and reload/compile the modified technolgy file to your library.
The tech file section is called 'symContactDevice'.

Bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #2 - Jan 10th, 2007, 5:50pm

Bernd,

We have an ADC design silicon-provened using UMC 0.18um technology. Now we need target it to TSMC 0.18um technology. Smiley Sure the simulation is done.

Your suggestion is great. It works well. Thank you.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #3 - Jan 15th, 2007, 1:17am

I found some contacts in the transistors that instantiated from the PDK. They were not resized when I modifiied the technology file as Bernd said. Can I modifiy the technology file and resize the contact in those transistors?

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
haikom

Germany
Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2007, 1:57pm

Hi,
I'm not 100% sure, but I think the vias in the device are defined inside the pcell definition, isn't ist? If yes, you have to modify the pcell source code.
Regards,
haikom

View Profile haikomo   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.