The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 6:34am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Setting "section" of model as variable in spectre (Read 1993 times)
nrf

Setting "section" of model as variable in spectre
Jan 15th, 2007, 10:31am

Hello,
I would like to simulate a schematic several times, with the "section" of the model library file as a variable.
Basically, on the Analog Design Environment, under setup->model libraries I select the model I want to use and its section. My model has got a lot of sections I would like to simulate, so I was wondering if maybe with OCEAN I can specify the section as a variable and then vary that through all the strings values the variable can have, as I was running a parametric analysys.
Thanks for your help

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Setting "section" of model as variable in spec
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2007, 3:59pm

In IC610, you can specify the section by specifying a value for the section on the Model Libraries form of VAR("sectionVarName"). You can then set the value of the design variable sectionVarName (or whatever you used) to the section name.

Unfortunately, you can't sweep it with a parametric analysis in ADE. However, in OCEAN you should (I've not tried this yet) be able to vary it in a loop by setting desVar("sectionVarName" ...) each time.

I've also an enhancement request in to allow direct parametrisation of the section name in spectre itself - the PCR number is 4010912 if you want to contact Cadence customer support and ask for it yourself.

In earlier versions, you'd have to re-call modelFile() in OCEAN to change the section each time - not exactly that hard to do.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.