The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 17th, 2024, 4:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Need help for mash2-1 desgin!!! (Read 693 times)
beargebinjie

shenzhen china
Need help for mash2-1 desgin!!!
Jan 18th, 2007, 5:29pm

Smiley, hello guys,  i have a problem and need help.
i an design a sigma-delta modulator for digital audio application, BW=25KHz, the goal is to achieve snr=90dB. i used mash2-1 , and osr=128,Fs=6.4MHz.
i built the modulator in the hspice with ideal blocks, when the switch on resistance was 1ohm, the result was 104dB(the matlab result was 116dB),the second stage(first orser) snr was less than that in tha matlab, the low freq noise floor was much higher than that in the matlab. (1).is that the problem of the time in the two stage interface?
(2). when change the switch on resistance to 50ohm and 100ohm.., the snr dramatically drop to 65dB, and the low freq noise floor became much high and not shapped, but the opamp ouput showed that the settling was complete, and 50ohm is not big value in the application spec, have you met this problem before? hope you guys can give me some help, thanks a lot!

the opamp i used in the hspice was eop op_ouyp op_outn opamp op_inp op_inn

View Profile beargebinjie   IP Logged
wuyuchun

Re: Need help for mash2-1 desgin!!!
Reply #1 - Jan 20th, 2007, 10:26pm

The model is not accurate.You'd better examine if the opamp work reasonably.

View Profile   IP Logged
beargebinjie

shenzhen china
Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2007, 4:41am

Thanks for reply, and sorry for late answear.
The opamp i used was the ideal model in the HSPICE, and the circuit i built worked normally when the swotch on resistance was 1ohm, i think at least at some degree. if you think i used the wrong one then could u tell me where is the mistake and what is right one.
Another question, as we know the linear model we use to model the sigma delta modulator have nor delay in the quantizer, but when the modulator was implemented with the practical circuit it dohave one period delay in the DAC feedback signal, when i add a delay in the matlab  model, the performace will degrade dramatically, maybe i made mistake somewhere, have you guys ever notice this issue before?

View Profile beargebinjie   IP Logged
fangjh

hefei china
Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2007, 12:55am

Hi:
very glad to meet you! I am designing  cascade 2-1 multibit(3bit) modulation, I have some problem to ask. when I use matlab to simulation the modulation, the digital error correction circuit was not know, the first stage 1bit(a1) how to add the second 3bit (b3) ?
I want get your matlab model? can you help me. or I sent my model to you? you can check my design. please help me.
my email: f-jh3@sohu.com.
or you can tell me your email.
Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.