The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:16pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Giving vector inputs in Spectre (Read 6406 times)
rgnanadavid

Bangalore, INDIA
Giving vector inputs in Spectre
Jan 25th, 2007, 11:24pm

Hi i'm trying to simulate a register file in Spectre. but the problem is i have wide buses for data and address. And every time i'm able to define those inputs  only as pulse waveforms,  bit by bit.. Is there any way to give these as vector inputs..(Tspice has this option .vector). Also while viewing results can  i group the related signals and view them as a bus just like in a Verilog simulator...

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Giving vector inputs in Spectre
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2007, 6:39am

Yes, this is possible with the ISR10 or later of MMSIM6.0  Version 6.0.1.174 or later of spectre.  Syntax is:

For vector file

In Spice netlist:
Code:
.vec 'vector_filename' [HLCheck = 0|1] 

In Spectre netlist:
Code:
vec_include 'vector_filename' [HLCheck = 0|1] 

vector_filename -- the filename of the digital vector file.

HLCheck = 0 | 1  Special flag (default=0) which turns on checking for the H and L states for input signals.  HLCheck is a special flag ( default = off) to create the vector output check for the H and L states of input signals. Bidirectional and output signals always check H and L states and are unaffected by the HLCheck flag. Normally, users do not need to use the HLCheck flag

For VCD/EVCD file

In Spice netlist:

Code:
.vcd "vcd_filename" "signal_info_filename"
.evcd "evcd_filename" "signal_info_filename" 

In Spectre netlist:

Code:
vcd_include  "vcd_filename" "signal_info_filename"
evcd_include "evcd_filename" "signal_info_filename" 

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.