The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 3:48am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Ro of MOSFET (Read 3663 times)
Steve_IC

Ro of MOSFET
Jan 26th, 2007, 12:19pm

I was reading the Bsim3 manual. There is a plot Ro(MOSFET) vs. Vds. The curve was bent down at high Vds due to SCBE. I was trying to plot the curve in Cadence using both 0.6u and 0.13u technology(both models from fab), but just could not duplicate. The output was just like Square law model with CLM. Not sure what's the reason? ( I was ploting 1/gds vs vds).any  suggestions?

« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2007, 6:57pm by Steve_IC »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Croaker

Re: Ro of MOSFET
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2007, 8:58am

It's possible your fab model just doesn't include the effect, or maybe you need a really high Vds.  I'm not sure.

View Profile   IP Logged
Steve_IC

Re: Ro of MOSFET
Reply #2 - Jan 31st, 2007, 11:41am

Thanks for your reply, croaker. I think you are right. I always think the models from commercial vendors should include SCBE and other 2nd order effects, but seems not. I was trying another model for teaching without any problems. At the beginning, I was just wondering if I need to tweak the software to enable some cards.
Thanks again.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.