The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 18th, 2024, 12:42pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Oversampling converter specifications (Read 1832 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Oversampling converter specifications
Feb 28th, 2007, 6:50pm

Hi, Guys,

I am studying oversampling converters. I want to know if the definition for oversampling converter specifications is different from that of nyquist converters. For eg., should we integrate the noise from DC to fs/2 or oversampling ratio × fs/2 on calculating SNDR?

BTW: What is the stopband attenuation?

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
vivkr
Community Fellow

Re: Oversampling converter specifications
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2007, 2:33am

ywguo wrote on Feb 28th, 2007, 6:50pm:
Hi, Guys,

I am studying oversampling converters. I want to know if the definition for oversampling converter specifications is different from that of nyquist converters. For eg., should we integrate the noise from DC to fs/2 or oversampling ratio × fs/2 on calculating SNDR?

BTW: What is the stopband attenuation?

Thanks
Yawei

Hi Yawei,

You are only interested in the bandwidth from 0 to fs/(2.OSR). The idea is that the stopband attenuation of the digital filter that follows
is high enough. This is anyway needed as your shaped noise power is quite high outside the signal band and rises rapidly after fs/(2.OSR).
Typically, the order of the digital filter needs to be 1 higher than the order of the delta-sigma modulator.

Regards
Vivek

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.