The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:17am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
IO CLK/CLKB Buffer SSTL_18 Compliance (Read 3318 times)
Anguraj.K

India
IO CLK/CLKB Buffer SSTL_18 Compliance
Mar 10th, 2007, 5:09am

Hi Experts,

I'm a new born baby to this Elite Community!
Greeting to all of You!

I need your help in the below question! I believe this would be a best place for me to get an answer
When I design a SSTL_18 compliant IO buffer for differential signals,
JEDEC spec (JESD815) : Differential Signals (CLK/CLKB)cross points need to be in the range power/2 +- 0.125V.
This is for a  test condition :
 clk buffer --> r 20ohm --> tline (50ohm)---- -->
                                                                     |
                                                                     ---->across a 100ohm resistor ----> receiver
                                                                     |
clkbar buffer --> r 20ohm --> tline (50ohm) ---->

Here I believe depending on the receiver i/p load , the cross point is going to vary.

So To test this scenario, how are you people handling without a solid receiver load (this varies from customer to customer who uses this IO pad)

Sorry for being too specific in my question.

Can anyone throw me some lights on their experience to this scenario?

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: IO CLK/CLKB Buffer SSTL_18 Compliance
Reply #1 - Mar 20th, 2007, 2:52am

Hi, Anguraj,

I think that a specific question is better, because we can discuss it with less misunderstanding and mistakes.

About your question, sure that the load is important in the simulation and field test. Normally the load should be defined in the related standard, that is JESD 815 in your case. Furthermore, I think the loading at the plus and minus inputs are almost the same in first order. They don't affect the cross points obviously.

Best regards,
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.