The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 3rd, 2024, 11:17am
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Dummy transistor and decoupling capacitor (Read 16553 times)
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: Dummy transistor and decoupling capacitor
Reply #15 - Mar 30th, 2007, 9:00am

chase.ng wrote on Mar 26th, 2007, 6:28pm:
Are those fets ESD protected in any other way? Or they just wired the gates to power supply?

Is the parasitic resistance in the wiring sufficient to protect the gates from ESD?  I'd think you'd want a kOhm or so of explicit resistance ...

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #16 - Mar 30th, 2007, 9:02am

[quote author=Croaker link=1173775896/0#8 date=1174662643]krishnap wrote on Mar 23rd, 2007, 2:47am:
I was actually asking...I think it can be minimum length in all cases, but if anyone knows differently, please let me know!

I thought the idea with these dummy gates was to make a regular array of poly stripes, and therefore they should all have the same length.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Croaker

Reply #17 - Mar 30th, 2007, 9:04am

[quote author=Geoffrey_Coram link=1173775896/15#16 date=1175270525]Croaker wrote on Mar 23rd, 2007, 8:10am:
krishnap wrote on Mar 23rd, 2007, 2:47am:
I was actually asking...I think it can be minimum length in all cases, but if anyone knows differently, please let me know!

I thought the idea with these dummy gates was to make a regular array of poly stripes, and therefore they should all have the same length.

Well yes, outer poly gets more etched than the inner poly fingers, so you put a dummy on the outer edge to get the extra etching.  

However, I think the dummy can be minimum length since it is only there to get a bit etched.

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Reply #18 - Apr 2nd, 2007, 11:31pm

It is really interesting. Does anybody has measurement result or sth. else?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.