The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Change library binding of cell in hierarchy editor (Read 2711 times)
mohta

Change library binding of cell in hierarchy editor
Mar 13th, 2007, 4:29pm

Hello everyone:

I am using Cadence IC5.141USR4. My problem concerns Hierarchy Editor.

In hierarchy editor "Cell Bindings" list, I have a line like the following
Library   Cell              View Found        View to Use
vault       myCell         schematic           schematic

vault is a controlled (and, in this case, locked) library to which I cannot add cells or views. myCell is located deep in the hierarchy of the simulation bench - and all of the cells it has are in vault.

For simulation, I want to change myCell to point to the view "schematic" in my local library "myLib" (not "vault"), i.e. I want to change the library binding of the cell, not the view binding. How can this be done in hierarchy editor?

I cannot seem to right click on the Library column and choose among the different libraries I have, just like what I do for setting the views. Right now, the only option I have is to modify the netlist by hand, or copying all the cells above myCell in the hierarchy from vault to myLib and manually change the bench hierarchy to point to the right myCell view in myLib.

Thanks,
mohta

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Change library binding of cell in hierarchy ed
Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2007, 1:48am

It is not possible to change the library bindings of schematic views - they are fixed at source. Library bindings can be overridden for things like verilog views, since verilog doesn't really have a concept of libraries.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.