The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 6th, 2024, 12:12am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Data Whitening (Read 2917 times)
qiushidaren
Community Member

I am a lovely
MOSFET!

Chengdu
Data Whitening
Mar 13th, 2007, 11:49pm

Hi dear all,

Let’s talk about Data Whitening, what does it really mean, what’s it used for…What are its disadvantages and advantages?

Regards,
Terry

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
hyy95

Re: Data Whitening
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2007, 12:06am

let me try,
let's say u r doing wireless communication. u want to send out data thru dac and the other side receive the data thru adc.
here's the question, how do u send out the following data: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ?
if u don't whiten the data, u'll send out nothing thru the dac, and the other side don't know what u are doing.
by whitening and de-whitening, you can make sure u send out something and the other side can  receive what u've sent

View Profile   IP Logged
adesign
Community Member

Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2007, 2:36am

Data whitening is done in order to randomize the data from highly redundant patterns and to minimize DC bias in the packet. Linear Feedback Shift Registers are used for this purpose.

View Profile   IP Logged
qiushidaren
Community Member

I am a lovely
MOSFET!

Chengdu
Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2007, 8:54pm

Thanks for your guys' replies, could you recommend some good references regarding this issue to me? Your suggestions and recommendations will be appreciated.

-Terry

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.