The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Oct 4th, 2024, 7:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Any errors in the current cell matrix of DAC (Read 2262 times)
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Any errors in the current cell matrix of DAC
Mar 21st, 2007, 7:14pm

Hi, Guys,

Let's start a thread that discuss all possible errors in the current cell matrix of a current steering DAC.

Somebody said that there are graded error and symmetrical error. The graded error is caused by a voltage drop along power supply lines. The symmetrical error is caused by the thermal distribution.

I doubt that the thermal distribution can cause a symmetrical error. Is the center of the current cell matrix of the highest temperature? I think that the thermal distribution is strongly related to the structure of the matrix. Especially the current cell are never turned off for a differential output DAC. Another scenario is that a thermal source on chip is very near the DAC. Am I right?

Do you think of any other possible error distribution? Do you know any other reason that causes the symmetrical error and the graded error?

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
krishnap
Community Member

Re: Any errors in the current cell matrix of DAC
Reply #1 - Mar 23rd, 2007, 4:24am

Hi Yawei,

Is device mismatch contributing for the error ..

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Any errors in the current cell matrix of DAC
Reply #2 - Mar 25th, 2007, 10:56pm

Hi, Krishnap,

Sorry that my questioin is not clear. Sure I know that the device mismatching contributes to the error distributioins. However, I doubt that the symmetrical error is caused by the thermal distribution.

Is there any real measurement that proves the thermal distribution causes the symmetrical error? For a standalone DAC or a DAC in a SOC.

Thanks
Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.