The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 17th, 2024, 11:19pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RF power amplifier (Read 3054 times)
vivihaha

Buffalo
RF power amplifier
Apr 15th, 2007, 2:52pm

Hi,

I am trying to design a RF PA. I am new to this stuff and I am using the following model: cmrf8sf. I am looking at the components such as resistors, capacitors and inductors. For some reason there are some configurations that I do not know what to choose or the meaning of them. Therefore I would like some suggestion such as websites or books that explain what each one of them do. I have already looked online and nothing came so far. Maybe my online searching skills are not that great.
Please recommend me of any good reference.

Sincerely,

-Victor

-Vic
View Profile vif105   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: RF power amplifier
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2007, 3:46am

Did you read the reference manual that comes with the Chartered Design Kit? Also, other process documents from Chartered would be the obvious source of help.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vivihaha

Buffalo
Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2007, 5:40am

Hi Andrew,

I have looked at the cmrf8sf.model_guide.pdf that comes with the design kit. However, I believe that the manual is not very specifica and I would like to have more information available. Please let me know of any better reference available.

Sincerely,

-Victor

Andrew Beckett wrote on Apr 16th, 2007, 3:46am:
Did you read the reference manual that comes with the Chartered Design Kit? Also, other process documents from Chartered would be the obvious source of help.

Regards,

Andrew.

-Vic
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 16th, 2007, 10:27pm

Well, In the version of the PDK I have there's also a reference manual (called chrt18rf_referenceManual.pdf) but I may not have a current version of that PDK.

However, the information you need is almost certainly going to come from Chartered, so why not ask them? It's unlikely anyone is allowed to share process related information on the internet without breaking an NDA, so you should ask the source of the design kit!

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
vivihaha

Buffalo
Reply #4 - Apr 17th, 2007, 5:31am

Thanks a lot Andrew!!

-Vic

-Vic
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.