The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 9:18pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to supeimpose 2 plots in Cadence Waveform (Read 4060 times)
eng
Community Member

USA
How to supeimpose 2 plots in Cadence Waveform
Apr 17th, 2007, 1:04pm

Hi
I have 2 curves (dominant pole, phase margin) generated in Cadence Waveform after an AC anaylsis. They have different Y-Axis scales. I'd like to superimpose these 2 curves in a plot such that one uses right Y-Axis, the other one uses left Y-Axis. (I'm dragging them from different subwindows to a new subwindow the arragement should be done after that)

Could anyone tell me how to do that?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: How to supeimpose 2 plots in Cadence Waveform
Reply #1 - Apr 17th, 2007, 9:09pm

Hi, eng,

If the two variables have the same x-axis, of course they can be plotted in one window.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2007, 3:50am

Yawei -
I know I've done "append" to put a second curve on with a first, when they share an X axis, but I think by default they share the Y axis as well.  eng wanted to assign one curve to use the right edge of the plot for its Y axis.  Is there an options menu to set this up?

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ACWWong
Community Fellow

Oxford, UK
Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2007, 4:40am

eng,
you can do what you want in both wavescan or awv in Cadence:

in wavescan:
having moved the two curves you want into a window, select one of them, then Trace->Assign to Axis->New Axis.
Haveing done this any subsequent waveforms added to that window can be assign to either a new or existing y axis in the same way.

in awv
simply double click the curve and in the dialog box which pops up you can change the Assign to Y axis setting

cheers
aw

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.