The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 29th, 2024, 10:15pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
stability of bandpass filter (Read 1751 times)
zhonghan

china
stability of bandpass filter
Apr 23rd, 2007, 6:02am

Figure below shows my bandpass filter's topology. Its Q factor can be adjusted by the two resistors R1 an R2. Resonant frequency is  sqrt(Gm1*Gm2/C1C2).  But after investigating the return ratio by breaking the loop at p, the phase margin is nearly 0 degree at moderate frequencies. Then i tried transient analysis with HSPICE,  it seems stable from the results.

I am puzzled with this issue., and eager for any constructive suggestions .      
A.JPG  

A.JPG
View Profile   IP Logged
SATurn
Community Member

Re: stability of bandpass filter
Reply #1 - May 5th, 2007, 3:22am

Apparantl, there are two integrators and the phase would be -180. Actually, this is a BPF from phase point of view is similar to an oscillator and just the Q value is controlled by the feedback around the second OTA (Q is proportional to 1/sqrt(gm2)). As far as the Q value in AC simulations is not much higher than the expected value, the circuit should be stable.

SATurn

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.