The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 18th, 2024, 7:54pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Diva Extraction Switches IBM .18um (Read 3209 times)
eng
Community Member

USA
Diva Extraction Switches IBM .18um
May 02nd, 2007, 12:57pm

Hi all,
I'm using 0.18 um IBM RF cmos process. When I use Diva for extraction there are a lot of switches. Can anyone tell me what their meanings are and which one to set for extracting to do parasitic simulation?
Switches are;
Batch
CDS_coeffgen_Cap
NO_SUBC_IN_GRLOGIC
Raphael_Cap
Rparasitics
joinNets
resimulate_extracted

View Profile   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: Diva Extraction Switches IBM .18um
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2007, 1:35pm

I'm pretty certain these are covered in the (usually comprehensive) documentation from IBM. Did you check that? If not, the best people to ask would be IBM.

It's fairly likely that the license agreement of the PDK would prevent anyone else giving you an answer to your question...

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
eng
Community Member

USA
Re: Diva Extraction Switches IBM .18um
Reply #2 - May 14th, 2007, 3:40pm

Hi Andrew,
Thanks for the reply. Actually I did find explanation of some of them but not all. For example Batch switch has no definition in PDK. I'm not certain which one to set during the simulation and I'm just selecting all of them. These switches effects post layout frequency response sim. of circuit by 100-150 MHz. Especially the Batch is one of the big impact switches.
I do not want anybody reveal any information which is against license aggrement. All I need some advice from experienced people who used IBM before.

Regards

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.