The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 5th, 2024, 11:31am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME (ccpCopy) (Read 2961 times)
Matt VD

CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME (ccpCopy)
May 15th, 2007, 8:22am

I am having trouble following the instructions in the Cadence Application Infrastructure User Guide, Product Version 3.4 - Chapter 9: cdsCopy.
I would like to set the CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME environment variable for the ccpCopy Skill function, however the manual says nothing about what tool this is for!  I have tried all the currently loaded tools, but couldn't find a tool with the variable.  

So I would like to do the following:
envSetVal("someToolName" "CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME" 'string "yes")
ccpCopy(.....)

But there isn't any tools with this variable, as far as I can see.  What tool does ccpCopy use?

Thanks, Matt.

View Profile   IP Logged
Matt VD

Re: CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME (ccpCopy)
Reply #1 - May 15th, 2007, 12:07pm

Hello again,

I have figured out the answer to this question... one needs to set it in a terminal and then restart Cadence.

To set the environment variable for ccpCopy, I need to do the following from a terminal as follows:
 setenv CDS_COPY_AUTO_RENAME "yes"
 icfb &
Then run the script within Cadence.

I did try setting the variable within Cadence via setShellEnvVar, but to no avail.  (This was actually what caused me so much grief, as I didn't realize that this ISN'T the same as setting the variable in a terminal and THEN starting Cadence.)

I hope this helps someone else trying the same thing!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.