The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How to remove noise(glitch) from digital input? (Read 2086 times)
seefree

How to remove noise(glitch) from digital input?
Jun 13th, 2007, 11:24am

Hi there,

If I have a digital pulse input with different pulse widths, how can I remove the pulses smaller than a specific value, ex. 5us, in Verilog-AMS?

Thanks a lot,

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: How to remove noise(glitch) from digital input
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2007, 5:45am

That depends on the specific signals. In case of a digital signal you can use a transition function with a delay of 5 μs so the transition of the rise will be negated by the transition of the fall. In case of an analog signal you can use the slew function to limit the maximum slope of the signal, although a remnant of the glitch with reduced amplitude will still be visible.

I think it is not possible to do this without the implicit delay of 5 μs as the simulator will otherwise not be able to recognize the glitch as such.

If you want a glitch of 5.0 μs to be filtered and one of 5.1 μs to pass, however, the above solution will not work. Then you need to specifically check that a signal with a delay of 5 μs has the same value as the "undelayed" version of the signal and then choose whether or not to reproduce the delayed signal.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.