The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 21st, 2024, 12:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
How can I view the spectre simulation results (Read 4907 times)
trashbox
Community Member

How can I view the spectre simulation results
Jun 25th, 2007, 3:05am

Hi all,
If I use the commond line to run spectre, for example: spectre input.scs, after the simulation is finished, how can I view the results? Where is the simulation result file? In the analog artist GUI (graphic user interface), I can use results->direct plot, however in the commond line, I have no idea about this issue.

Addtionally, in the analog GUI, I can save the state (for example, the Tran simulation stimulus).Where are these states saved, in which sub-file?

Thanks very much.
Trashbox

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Re: How can I view the spectre simulation results
Reply #1 - Jun 25th, 2007, 3:59am

trashbox wrote on Jun 25th, 2007, 3:05am:
Hi all,
If I use the commond line to run spectre, for example: spectre input.scs, after the simulation is finished, how can I view the results? Where is the simulation result file? In the analog artist GUI (graphic user interface), I can use results->direct plot, however in the commond line, I have no idea about this issue.

Addtionally, in the analog GUI, I can save the state (for example, the Tran simulation stimulus).Where are these states saved, in which sub-file?

Thanks very much.
Trashbox

Hi Trashbox,
1. You specify the result format with the command line option "-format fmt" and the result file or directory with "-raw raw".
2. All settings from your state required for the simulation are added to the netlist by the netlister.
For example, the line "simulatorOptions ..." sets the parameters from the Simulation->Options->Analog dialog of the ADE.
If you use graphical stimuli, the netlister adds  a line include "./_graphical_stimuli.scs" to your netlist...

BOE

View Profile   IP Logged
kiran123
Community Member

Reply #2 - Jun 25th, 2007, 4:13am

Hi ,

for command line spectre 2 ways to see output i.e
1) using wavescan tool you can see simulation results in Gui form just like how a waveform apears in ADE just after simulation is over
for this you can type on command prompt to invoke this tool
wavescan -expr mdl &

2)Using some scripting languages like OCEAN or MDL to see the descrete values on by writing it to a file
for this you can refer corresponding user manuals

Regards
Kiran

View Profile   IP Logged
trashbox
Community Member

Reply #3 - Jun 25th, 2007, 7:56pm

BOE and Kiran,
Thanks very much for your help. It can work well.

Hi BOE,
For the state saving issue, I puzzled about your advice: If I have many states, for example state1 is TRAN, state2 is TRAN+PSS and state3 is TRAN+PSS+PNOISE. I run state3 (in this case, state3 information is included in my netlist as you said) and save state1 & state2 at the same time so that I can load them next time. In this case, where are the state1 & state2 saved? Thanks for your patience.
Best wishes!

Trashbox

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2007, 12:48am

trashbox wrote on Jun 25th, 2007, 7:56pm:
For the state saving issue[...]: If I have many states, for example state1 is TRAN, state2 is TRAN+PSS and state3 is TRAN+PSS+PNOISE.

Hi Trashbox,
If you are using a Cadence version older than IC 5.10.41 USR3, you can view (and change) the state save directory in the ADE under Session->Options. The directory structure is <StateSaveDir>/<Lib>/<Cell>/<Simulator>/<StateName>
For IC 5.10.41 USR3 or newer, you have an alternative: you may choose saving the state as a cell view of your top level cell (testbench) instead. You select this & the save path in the Save State form, so I suppose you have an older version... Oh, and "." is the directory you started Cadence in...

Sory about the confusion...
BOE

View Profile   IP Logged
trashbox
Community Member

Reply #5 - Jun 26th, 2007, 7:05pm

Hi Boe,
Thank you very much!

Regards,
Trashbox

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.