The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 7:21pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
DLL Jitter (Read 2732 times)
Mobeedikk

DLL Jitter
Jun 26th, 2007, 10:27am

Hi,
I'm trying to find the jitter produced by my DLL. To do this, I ran a transient simulation until the DLL locked. I then measured the voltage on the charge pump and inserted an ideal voltage source with the charge pump's final voltage value in parallel with that charge pump, allowing me to now run the DLL open-loop. I then ran pss and pnoise to measure the jitter at the output of the DLL.

The input reference frequency is 2GHz. pnoise gave me that Jee was in the ~100fs range, but Jcc was ~20ns, and Jc was ~1us! This is kind of strange, as the input reference period is only 500ps, and there should be no long term jitter in a DLL. I also ran the transient noise simulation, which gave me roughly the same amount of jitter as Jee.

Could anyone please provide some insight as to why these numbers are so different?

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: DLL Jitter
Reply #1 - Jul 5th, 2007, 7:50pm

Hi,

What is the definition for Jee, Jcc, and Jc?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.