The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 18th, 2024, 5:28am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
region 0 in dc operation point (Read 3351 times)
James Bond
Community Member

region 0 in dc operation point
Jul 06th, 2007, 7:59am

Hi,

does anybody know 'region 0' in dc operation point mean triode region or cut off region ? I am simulatiing passive mixer, I found the four transistors are all working in the region 0 state, and I still get IF output.  But in my memory, region 0 represents cutoff state, and region 1 represents triode state, and one pair of switches of the mixer should work in the triode region, the other two should work in the cutoff state.

Best Regards
James

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: region 0 in dc operation point
Reply #1 - Jul 6th, 2007, 3:03pm

To find out, type "spectre -hs bsim3v3" and look for the description of the region parameter. It will give a list of regions. The first listed will be region 0, the second will be region 1, etc.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
James Bond
Community Member

Reply #2 - Jul 6th, 2007, 3:19pm

Ken Kundert wrote on Jul 6th, 2007, 3:03pm:
To find out, type "spectre -hs bsim3v3" and look for the description of the region parameter. -Ken

Hi, Ken,

Thank you for the reply, could you kindly tell me where to input this command ?  I tried in CDS.log window, but it returns ''unbond variable -hs''

View Profile   IP Logged
boe
Community Fellow

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2007, 3:33pm

Command line (UNIX)
BOE

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.