The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 20th, 2024, 2:20am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSP Models (Read 129 times)
rgnanadavid

Bangalore, INDIA
PSP Models
Jul 17th, 2007, 10:22pm

Hi does cadence spectre version IC 5033 support PSP models. In that case is it possible to convert the existing BSIM3/4 to the PSP Models. Where can i get the MOS PSP Models on the web.

regards
Rakesh

View Profile   IP Logged
Geoffrey_Coram
Senior Fellow

Massachusetts, USA
Re: PSP Models
Reply #1 - Jul 19th, 2007, 4:54am

NXP (was Philips) provides the SimKit shared library for Spectre, but you'll have to see if they have one compiled to the correct version of the CMI (common modeling interface) that is used in IC5033.

It is *not* a trivial exercise to convert BSIM3/4 to PSP.  Basically, you can copy a few parameters (TOX) but then the rest need to be set by a complete re-extraction of the parameters.

I don't know of any publicly-available PSP model cards on the web, other than one or two that are set up in the SimKit examples.

If at first you do succeed, STOP, raise your standards, and stop wasting your time.
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Andrew Beckett
Senior Fellow

Life, don't talk to
me about Life...

Bracknell, UK
Re: PSP Models
Reply #2 - Aug 27th, 2007, 2:18pm

Also, you should be able to use a new version of spectre (e.g. MMSIM61 or MMSIM62) with IC5033. In other words, if you can't change the environment (for some reason), changing the spectre version should be possible. During the life of IC5141, spectre was split from the IC stream into a separate stream (MMSIM) together with Ultrasim - simply put the MMSIM/tools/bin in your path before the IC/tools/bin and IC/tools/dfII/bin .

If you're using a newer version of spectre, it will have psp included.

Regards,

Andrew.

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.