The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 2:36am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Switching  models   dynamically ? (Read 1919 times)
AnalogAroma
Community Member

Germany
Switching  models   dynamically ?
Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:22am

Hi Everybody,

I need to simulate a large sensor array using Cadence Spectre.  One way to reduce the simulation time is to use Verilog-A model for the inactive sensor nodes.

Traditionally , I can use Cadence hierarchy editor to choose the right model for the inactive sesnor nodes.  But the problem is that the status of  a sensor node being inactive or active depends on the  input signal. So if the position of the incident beam is random, then the right models of the sensor nodes can not be specified before-hand.  And to change the views
of  hundreds of sensor nodes manually in  Cadence hierarchy editor for each simulation is really cumbersome.

So I am thinking about another trick.  Each sensor node or amplifier  will have two models --one is Verilog-A model and another is transistor level model. A wrapper model will
include the two models.  Once the position of the incident beam is generated randomly from a PRBS source, the activation  signals of the sensor nodes will be  evaluated. During this evaluation, if any arbitrary sensor node seems to be inactive , then within the wrapper model of the corresponding sensor node, the Verilog-A model will be launched. Otherwise, the transistor-level model will be used.

Is this trick feasible ? I mean, will Cadence really allow me to switch models dynamically ?

With Regards,

Analog Aroma

View Profile   IP Logged
Marq Kole

Hmmm. That's
weird...

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Re: Switching  models   dynamically ?
Reply #1 - Jul 23rd, 2007, 7:43am

Real dynamic switching will not be possible, as the circuit topology has to be fixed before a simulation can be run. However, if the simulation used to determine the activation is separate from the one used for actual simulation of the behavior you can do this. The trick is then to use the results of the first simulation to set module parameters for the second one.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.