The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 27th, 2024, 8:22pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
question about dsm simulation (Read 912 times)
min

question about dsm simulation
Aug 02nd, 2007, 2:40am

Hi :

I have simulated a third order one bit delta sigma modulator , the input signal is 20KHz,but after simulation i found  the fft result contain a dc component. I don't know what cause this dc component.

and I think delta sigma modulator do good to the SNR, but due to nonlinear (like switch capacitor circuit nonideal )cause THD worst.  Is that right?

and I also want to know doing a 16 bit delta sigma modulator, usually how much THD equal ?  

Thanks!

View Profile   IP Logged
fran2k5

Re: question about dsm simulation
Reply #1 - Aug 3rd, 2007, 2:39am

Hi,

if the bit stream at the output goes from 0 to Vdd you will have a dc component due to the fact that the average power is not 0.

About the THD I think that there is not a general rule. It depends on how good is your design.

Regards,

fran2k5

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.