The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 6:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PSS/QPSS: two tone test (Read 2511 times)
Faisal
Community Member

PSS/QPSS: two tone test
Sep 21st, 2007, 9:47am

Hi,

I am performing a two tone test on a RF power amplifier driver.  I specify two closely spaced frequencies and plot power vs frequency curve.  I see intermodulation products generated at the output.

However, when I plot the power at my input port (50 ohm) i also see such intermodulation products, though of different magnitude. Am I doing something wrong in my simulation?  

I am very new in RF Design, so a detailed explanation would be much helpful for me.

Kind Regards,
Fas

View Profile   IP Logged
Stefan

Re: PSS/QPSS: two tone test
Reply #1 - Sep 21st, 2007, 11:20am

Hi Faisal,

this can either be an issue arising from a non ideal supply voltage or some sort of feedback due to the implementation of the amplifier.
It might be best if you tell us which kind of PA you implemented. And - by the way, I wouldn't care too much about something below -170 dB Smiley

View Profile 16731287   IP Logged
Faisal
Community Member

Re: PSS/QPSS: two tone test
Reply #2 - Sep 24th, 2007, 2:48am

Hi Stefan,

Thank you for the explanation. Yes the IM products are quite low (less than 150 dB and hence negligible). So even if I remove the amplifier and simply take a resistor across a port, i still see the IM products, but they are negligible.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.