The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jun 16th, 2024, 11:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Faraday analog I/O pad: how to connect (Read 1690 times)
DoYouLinux
Community Member

Faraday analog I/O pad: how to connect
Oct 25th, 2007, 2:51am

Hi all,

Has anyone tried using Analog I/O pads from Faraday technology for 0.18-um UMC before ? I am starting to use it and I found something which is not clear to me.

First, it is indicated in the document that the connection from the "bonding pad" to the "core" of the circuit is linked directly by Metal 1 and Metal 2. I am wondering that, to connect them to the bonding pad and to my circuit, I need to use only Metal 1 or Metal 2. So, if I need to connect them with M6, for example, I need to create my own via starting from Metal 1 (or Metal 2) up to Metal 6 ?

Second, it seems to me that the "ground" pad is quite narrow (even with the cell for "core-limited design"). So, to support larger currents, can I just connect two or three ground pads side by side to each other ?

Thank you in advance all  ;)

DYLinux

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.