The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 16th, 2024, 4:23pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Running the AMS simulator with an OCEAN Script (Read 2990 times)
Rob

Running the AMS simulator with an OCEAN Script
Oct 31st, 2007, 1:24am

Hi all,

I am trying to run the AMS simulator with an OCEAN Script.  My simulation is quite large, so I only want to save the voltages of the analog nets that I am interested in.  When I save the desired voltages with the command,
>save( 'v "/net1" "/net2" ),
all other analog voltage nets in the simulation are saved as well.  I tried explicitly setting the save mode to selected with the command,
>saveOption( 'save "selected"),
with no change in results.  I also tried changing the save mode by including a simulation file that includes the command,
>Name options save=selected,
which also yielded no change in the result.  Although, when I set this last option to save=none, I get no saved data, as expected.  So it seems I can save all or none of my analog nets.  Does anyone have any suggestions how I can save only the nets I want.

Thanks,

Rob

View Profile   IP Logged
jbdavid
Community Fellow

Silicon Valley
Re: Running the AMS simulator with an OCEAN Script
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2008, 1:39am

using ocean to probe the signals, leaves an extra layer between the simulator and the commands..
I finally started writing tcl scripts to setup the signals to save and plot..
and discovered that its also allows me to control/modify the simulation itself, change values, run tasks etc..
now this only works for AMS, but it works quite well and gives you access to all simulation signals & variables not just schematic nets.

jbdavid
Mixed Signal Design Verification
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.