The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jun 16th, 2024, 12:08pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
I need help with Cadence (Read 4055 times)
victorbrian

I need help with Cadence
Nov 29th, 2007, 3:49am

Hello,

I am trying to create a Standar Cell library in Cadence. To complete that, I am following a Standard Cell Tutorial of the Mississipi State University and Dallas Semiconductor. The tutorial tells that as soon as I build the layout, I need to do the DRC verification. After,. the next step is the extraction of the circuit. Then we have to extract the HSPICE Netlist, but we have had problems with that designing an inverter file. The log file has the following error:

ERROR (OSSHNL-116): Unable to descend into any of the views defined in the view list, 'hspice cmos_sch schematic', for the
instance '+1' in cell 'inverter'. Either add one of these views to the library 'NCSU_Analog_Parts',
cell 'pmos4' or modify the view list to contain an existing view.

This is the liink where is the Standard Cells tutorial:
www.hpc.msstate.edu/mpl/education/cadence/standard_cell/files/standard_cell.ppt

I appreciate your help. Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re:  I need help with Cadence
Reply #1 - Dec 19th, 2007, 11:40pm

Hi Victor,

The cell 'pmos4' does not has any view defined in the view list. The cadence tool desends into a cellview which is defined in the view list when it extract a netlist, otherwire it breaks and reports error.

Would you please tell me what views the cell 'pmos4' has in library NCSU_Analog_Parts?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.