The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:27pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ranking distortion components (Read 2657 times)
orion

ranking distortion components
Dec 03rd, 2007, 11:11am

SadI wanted to rank distortion contributors from different devices in my circuit but could not get it to work.
Attached is a slide from a Cadence seminar.
For myself, I only got it unranked and in complex numerical form that makes it difficult to be of much use.
To set up, on my ckt source, I place a value for the power in the AC magnitude or PAC magnitude
then in the analysis line of the ADE, under Specialized Analysis, I pick Compression Distortion Summary.
Then after simulation is completed, I plot it out using Results->Print-> either AC Distortion Summary or PAC Distortion Summary.
But the results does not look like the enclosed JPEG file(distortion contributers are ranked and distortion is printed in terms of magnitude) from a Cadence seminar that I went to.

I am using MMSIM6.2 under ADE5.10.41.500.4.73.  I am wondering if I need to go to ADE 6.1.1 to get this.

cadence_jpg.jpg
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.