The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Sep 17th, 2024, 11:27am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
problem encountered during elaboration (Read 3134 times)
aaronhor

Singapore
problem encountered during elaboration
Jan 15th, 2008, 7:18am

Hi, I have encountered problem to elaborate my project.

To start with, I have 3 VHDL blocks in my project, namely DPWM,PID_compensator, and ADC. i have successfully connected DPWM and PID_compensator together and compile, elaborate them without any errors. So I assume both of the blocks are ok and ready to simulate. The problem arise in the ADC block. I think the problem arise because I use VHDL in describing it rather than verilog-ams or vhdl-ams. The following error message appears:

ncelab: *E,CFMPTC (../hc/zzz_adc/schematic/verilog.vams,17|51): VHDL port ADC_DELAY_CELL_3.OUTPUT (../hc/adc_delay_cell_3/entity/vhdl.vhd: line 10, position 16) type is not compatible with Verilog.

the correspong VHDL port is :
Port ( vdd : in  real range 0.0 to 5.0;
          input : in  STD_LOGIC;
          reset : in  STD_LOGIC;
          output : out  STD_LOGIC);
the error message point out that the output port is incompatible with verilog. But I wonder is it due to input port vdd ? Does type real supported in this case?

the connect module I use is copied from the one used in quick start tutorial. I just copy the whole connect lib module over and use it. the connect rule I use is ConnRule_25V_mid.

Thanks a lot

View Profile   IP Logged
aaronhor

Singapore
Re: problem encountered during elaboration
Reply #1 - Jan 17th, 2008, 6:25am

Hi , I face another problem in elaboration. This time is due to my model files.

Error found by spectre.
   "/net/wildar/software2/local/library/CSM/chrt018IC_DK010_Rev1B/018IC_3P3V/models
/YI-093-
       SM011/sm093011-1c.scs" 103: Illegal library definition found in
       netlist
ncelab: *F,SPRSER: Spice/Spectre file parsing failed.

I do include the analog models
"/net/wildar/software2/local/library/CSM/chrt018IC_DK010_Rev1B/018IC_3P3V/models
/YI-093-SM011/sm093011-1c.scs"
and section name
"typical".  
in the hierarchy editor.

in the cds.lib file. I also got define the library chrt018IC
DEFINE chrt018IC /net/wildar/software2/local/library/CSM/chrt018IC_DK010_Rev1B/018IC_3P3V/chrt018
IC

I also can run simulation using ADE tools but face this problem once I use ams. Please help. Thanks a lot

Regards,
Aaronhor

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.