The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 19th, 2024, 5:02am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
spectre.ic versus spectre.ic (Read 4923 times)
trond

Glasgow, Scotland
spectre.ic versus spectre.ic
Jan 30th, 2008, 12:10am

Hello,

I would like to use the initial conditions of a previous transient analysis to speed up other transient runs by reading in all node conditions. I was wondering which of the two files to use, spectre.ic or spectre.fc? I would assume the .fc would be more correct as written last?

Thanks

View Profile   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: spectre.ic versus spectre.ic
Reply #1 - Jan 30th, 2008, 8:14pm

Hi trond,

I guess the spectre.fc is the node voltages ( branch current of voltage source) at the last time point. It depends on your purpose to choose spectre.ic or spectre.fc. Use spectre.ic to save the time spending in solve the DC operation point. Use spectre.fc to avoid to run a transient simulation which costs too much CPU time to make the circuitry into normal operation mode. For eg., it is annoying to wait the reference voltage settling when I simulate ADC. However, I don't know the data accuracy in spectre.fc is enough to make the transient simulation resume. It is interesting, I will try.

BTW, I don't think the .fc is more correct because that depends on the tolerances for DC and tran analysis.

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.