The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 10:57am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Noise (Read 531 times)
safwatonline

Noise
Feb 14th, 2008, 11:33am

Hello,
i am doing a SC design with a tough spec on noise using eldo, so i am currently using the transient noise of mentor and i was wondering of how accurate is it. (sadly i don't have access to spectre RF)
also i saw a thread here on the forum talking about using a "fracpole" to model the 1/f noise, Sorry but what is the fracpole!!
regards,
Safwat

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: Noise
Reply #1 - Feb 14th, 2008, 3:54pm

I can safely say that the accuracy anywhere near as good as SpectreRF, but you should also be aware that there is a nasty tradeoff between speed and accuracy with transient noise. That is particularly true if you hope to include flicker noise. That is going to be one long simulation.

FracPole is a component that implements a fractional pole (or zero). It is described in some detail in several papers in the Modeling section of this site.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.