The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:32am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Designing ADC frontend? (Read 2001 times)
gct

Designing ADC frontend?
Apr 21st, 2008, 9:30pm

OK, so I'm traditionally a digital guy, but I thought I'd give some RF design a shot, so I'm jumping in trying to design an RF frontend for an ADC chip, specifially the LTC2209 by linear.  The ADC has a 700MHz bandwidth, and I'd like to leave that as open as possible since the goal with this whole thing is to produce a frontend suitable for general purpose acquisition.  The frontend needs to convert a single-ended input to a double-ended input to drive the chip, other than that requirements aren't any different than for any general ADC frontend.  Right now I'm soliciting comments/suggestions/tips/examples that people think might be useful to me as I move forward on this.  I imagine this will be painful because I've never enjoyed analog, but wish me luck!

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: Designing ADC frontend?
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2008, 8:43am

gct wrote on Apr 21st, 2008, 9:30pm:
Right now I'm soliciting comments/suggestions/tips/examples that people think might be useful to me as I move forward on this.
What do you want to know ?

If your first target's ADC is LTC2209 of LTI, you should begin with studying specifcations and characteristics of LTC6600-20 and LTC1993 of LTI.

Driver amplifiers of ADI and TI are also great helpful in studying design specifications for ADC frontend.

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.