The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 18th, 2024, 1:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
looking for "simulation results manager" tool (Read 2753 times)
Orzl

looking for "simulation results manager" tool
Apr 28th, 2008, 7:41am

Hello,

I am just starting my master thesis and it is my task to write a kind of "simulation results manager" tool for cadence.

When you run a simulation with Virtuoso Analog Design Environment, this tool should automatically store the schematic and simulator state with all settings, variables etc. so that you can re-run the simulation at any time with just one click.

You should be able to define batch simulations with different parameters and run them e.g. at night.

It should also store all simulation results together with comments and waveform previews and make them easily searchable by date. It will be used by single-users only, so merging of different versions is not necessary (I know this sounds somehow vague and as I am a Cadence newbie I don't know how much of this I can achieve.) I know that most of this can be done "by hand" or with ocean/skill but my tool should be an easy to use "one click" solution.

Before I start, my question is: Is there already a tool out there that does any of the things mentioned above. Maybe someone has an Idea, what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: If you think that such a tool does not exist, I would also appreciate your answer.

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: looking for "simulation results manager" tool
Reply #1 - Apr 28th, 2008, 8:20am

Cadence Specification-driven Environment(Aptivia) do relative resemble tasks you are thinking.

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
sheldon
Community Fellow

Re: looking for "simulation results manager" tool
Reply #2 - Apr 28th, 2008, 6:29pm

Orzl,

In IC61, the ADE-XL also provides this type of functionality. In addition,
ADE-XL is the cockpit for advanced analysis: optimization, sensitivity analysis,
mismatch analysis, etc.

Best Regards,

Sheldon

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.