The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
May 7th, 2024, 3:48pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Adding Cadence Library related question (Read 4537 times)
SRF Tech
Community Member

Arizona
Adding Cadence Library related question
May 10th, 2008, 11:27pm

I was handed a an old archived Library of designs built in cadence (not version 6 in this case).  The library has all the subfolders for the different designs as well as cdsinfo.tag, category and property files, but the .lib was not delivered, making it impossible to add the folder as a cadence library.  Sure I can add the path of the folder and create a new library in my cds.lib, but as expected none of the designs/views in the subdirectories show up.

Is there an easy way to take this library and add it as a new library, while being able to view and maintaining all the categories and design hierarchy's that are stored in the folder.  Here is where I am not entirely certain how cadence defines libraries and stores them..all I understand is the cds.lib files holds paths and lib name, but how cadence recognizes one set of folders as actual libraries and cell names and yet another folder with maybe the same subdirectories and files, is not recognized and one cannot see the subdirectories as cadence cell views...I am not certain.

Any ideas or suggestions?
Thanks,
srftech

Excellence in ESD and IO Design
www.srftechnologies.com
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
ywguo
Community Fellow

Shanghai, PRC
Re: Adding Cadence Library related question
Reply #1 - Jun 1st, 2008, 7:36pm

Hi,

I think you have already all necessary files for a cadence library. I check my library, it has not any .lib file, but has cdsinfo.tag, prop.xx, and category files. What I use is icfb 5.10.41.500.4.87.

What is your version?

Yawei

View Profile   IP Logged
bernd

Munich/Germany
Re: Adding Cadence Library related question
Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:00am

The .lib file was used in the Cadence Design Framework II 4.3.4.
I think this release ended somehow around 1998 +/-.

If your library structure contains a .lib file in the main, library,
directory you either have to use the 4.3.4 release of DFII
or you have to migrate your library to 4.4.X 5.1.X.

Have a look under the Tool menu in the Command Interpreter Window,
there must be some migration tools.

Bernd

Just another lonesome cad guy
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.