The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 16th, 2024, 11:14pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
PAC and PSS convergence problem in SCF (Read 1260 times)
bmwsky

PAC and PSS convergence problem in SCF
May 16th, 2008, 7:36am

Hi guys,

I used the method from this website for my switch capacitor filter simulation. When I used the method the pss faced the convergence problem, and I increase the stb time, however, it doesn't work. Then, I change the option that figure the cmin for convergence to 1e-18F. The pss simulation could work without convergence issue, but PAC face the problems as the error showed below. It seems that the operation-point is not write. I'm wondering how to solve the problem and continue the PSS and PAC simulation?

"Using the operating-point information generated by PSS analysis 'pss'
Analysis 'pac' terminated prematurely due to error"

Thank you!!!!

Hugo

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Re: PAC and PSS convergence problem in SCF
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2008, 12:08pm

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
bmwsky

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2008, 8:55pm

Thank you very much and I have already read your reply but I am wondering how to turnon a strobing? It's the same simulation or other assisted simulators?

And also I have already came to PSS convergence but the PAC can't work uder the PSS output operation-point, so what's the problem? Have you ever met this issue?

Hugo

View Profile   IP Logged
Ken Kundert
Global Moderator

Silicon Valley
Reply #3 - May 16th, 2008, 11:25pm

Set "strobeperiod" transient analysis option.

It looks like from what you gave us, that there is something wrong with the simulator. It is failing from an error, but it did not give you the error message. In this case, you need to talk to Cadence.

-Ken

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.