The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 19th, 2024, 10:23am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
divide  by 2.5 (Read 2063 times)
nxing
Community Member

God help the person
who help themselves

China
divide  by 2.5
May 27th, 2008, 2:45pm

Hi,

I need to design a divider to divide the signal by 2.5 ( the input signals are at around 4GHz), I would prefer the injection lock divider. Does anybody have any idea how to design that? or can refer to any papers regarding this matter?

Thanks

Norman

View Profile   IP Logged
Zero

Re: divide  by 2.5
Reply #1 - May 30th, 2008, 4:16am

Hi,

As far as I know, the injection locked dividers operate as integer dividers (you simply synchronize the nth harmonic of the oscillator to the input signal). However, to make such fractional divider, ÷2.5, you can multiply by 2, then divide by 5; one way to do that is to make a divide by 5 using flip-flops working on both clock edges. That would be possible at the GHz range if you are using a fast process. The alternative might be using an injection locked multiply-by-2 followed by an injection locked divide-by-5!

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.