The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Aug 15th, 2024, 5:05pm
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
ccvs in Cadence (Read 4300 times)
ggnhdk

ccvs in Cadence
Jun 07th, 2008, 10:35am

hello, I don't understand how to use Current control voltage source and current control current source on Cadence. For the CCVS it seems like a vdc with a transresistance to specify in the properties but I dont know which current it uses. How do I connect it to the circuit ? Which wire will it  use for the current control?

Thanks for your help guys.

View Profile   IP Logged
Eugene

Re: ccvs in Cadence
Reply #1 - Jun 7th, 2008, 4:37pm

An current controlled source has to be told what current controls it. You do that by inserting a vdc with zero volts in series with the current you want to sense. Then when you insert the controlled source, you point it to the zero volt vdc. The thing to watch out for is when you cut and paste the combination, the reference designator of the vdc will change and you have to remember to point the controlled source to the new current probe.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.