The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 10:33am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions on "Noise summary" (Read 2069 times)
scv

California, USA
Questions on "Noise summary"
Jul 02nd, 2008, 9:44am

Hi,

I am designing a VCO and have been running pnoise analysis to characterise phase noise. I also tried out the 'Noise Summary' option to print out spot noise at various frequencies. There are many parameters displayed such as fn, id, etc. For the obvious ones, its clear that they are flicker noise, drain current noise, etc. However, I was wondering if there's any help url/ app note which details all the parameters and what they mean -> i tried searching but couldn't find anything to that effect.

Also, when running displaying 'Noise summary' does it show the folded noise levels since I am running pnoise or just the unfolded noise.
thanks,
Sarath

View Profile   IP Logged
pancho_hideboo
Senior Fellow

Real Homeless
Re: Questions on "Noise summary"
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 6:28am

I can't find any design issue in your post.
Your question is not design issue but simple usage of specific vendor's EDA tool.  
Please post to "The Designer's Guide Community Forum ≫ Simulators ≫ RF Simulators".

scv wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008, 9:44am:
However, I was wondering if there's any help url/ app note which details all the parameters and what they mean -> i tried searching but couldn't find anything to that effect.

See the following which might be old.
Virtuoso Analog Design Environment User Guide
anasimhelp.pdf
You can get manulas from SourceLink.

scv wrote on Jul 2nd, 2008, 9:44am:
Also, when running displaying 'Noise summary' does it show the folded noise levels since I am running pnoise or just the unfolded noise.

I can't understand your statement.
Since you do PSS/Pnoise, results is folded noise.

View Profile WWW Top+Secret Top+Secret   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.