The Designer's Guide Community
Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register. Please follow the Forum guidelines.
Jul 17th, 2024, 4:43am
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Wideband power amplifier (Read 3002 times)
Martin

Wideband power amplifier
Jul 02nd, 2008, 1:34pm

Hi

I'm new to this forum and would like to ask if anybody knows a good hands-on guide or tutorial or anything else that explains how to go about building a wideband power amplifier.

I'm particularly looking to build a mobile (therefore small) amp for fm which should cover the vhf and uhf ham bands. Polyfet have published several wideband amp designs which cover this frequency range, but their semiconductors are hard to come by as they are not sold by any retailer. So I'd like to learn how to build something similar with another fet, i.e. a Mitsubishi one.

Regards
Martin

View Profile   IP Logged
loose-electron
Senior Fellow

Best Design Tool =
Capable Designers

San Diego California
Re: Wideband power amplifier
Reply #1 - Jul 3rd, 2008, 12:04pm

Martin:

This forum is a bit more towards IC design than linear amplifiers for amatuer use. THat said, have you tried the ARRL collection of books, or one of the many amateur radio homebrew sites?

vy 73
Jerry
(WA1QDI - inactive)

Jerry Twomey
www.effectiveelectrons.com
Read My Electronic Design Column Here
Contract IC-PCB-System Design - Analog, Mixed Signal, RF & Medical
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
didac

There's a million
ways to see the
things in life

manresa,spain
Reply #2 - Jul 4th, 2008, 12:54am

Hi,
I agree with loose-electron to check ARRL or radio amateur sites(qsl.net I think), just for reference I checked my bookshelf and I found:
-Practical RF Circuit Design for Modern Wireless Systems,Active Circuits And Systems(Artech House) by Les Besser have a section about broadband matching and some examples(all the book it's about discrete design).
Hope it helps,

View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Martin

Reply #3 - Jul 6th, 2008, 5:50am

Ok guys, my mistake. I din't notice this is about IC design.

It is indeed hard to find such info, i spent hours searching and found little in-depth info. This seems to be a chapter which has not been opened by many ham homebrewers yet...

However I will keep my eyes open and look for other forums.

Thank you.

Regards
Martin

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Copyright 2002-2024 Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. Designer’s Guide® is a registered trademark of Designer’s Guide Consulting, Inc. All rights reserved. Send comments or questions to editor@designers-guide.org. Consider submitting a paper or model.